Home and Away, Australia’s second-longest drama series, started on the Seven Network in 1988 with a ninety-minute pilot episode. It has now become a television staple, and its global reach, having been broadcast in over eighty countries throughout the world, is a monument to its success. Home and Away follows the residents of the fictional New South Wales coastal town of Summer Bay as they navigate life, love, and the tragedies and heartbreaks that come with it. This tutorial will show you how to view episodes of Home and Away, which is currently in its 35th season.
Preview of Home and Away
The Fletcher family, Tom (Roger Oakley) and Pippa (Vanessa Downing), and their five foster children, Frank Morgan (Alex Papps), Carly Morris (Sharyn Hodgson), Lynn Davenport (Helena Bozich), Steven Matheson (Adam Willits), and Sally Fletcher (Kate Ritchie), who relocated from the city and moved into the Summer Bay House, How to watch Home and Away in Australia Bobby Simpson (Nicolle Dickson), a sixth foster child, was added to the Fletcher family later on.
While Home and Away tends to focus on family life and concerns with foster children, such as adolescent troubles, the soap opera isn’t afraid to tackle more serious matters. For example, the first season of Home and Away aroused outrage because it featured several adult-themed stories, including teen pregnancy, rape, drug and alcohol addiction, and attempted suicide. Despite the critiques, the TV drama has continued to follow the same plot lines throughout time.
Home and Away has seen many prominent characters come and go over the course of its three-decade run on television. Although some of the previous main cast members have returned to star in special episodes, Alf Stewart (Ray Meagher) is currently the only original cast member who remained on the show. Despite various revisions over the course of its existence, Home and Away remains a popular drama in Australia and other parts of the world.
This month alone, fans will see Karen and Brett’s reunion, Mia’s hopes being dashed, Ari making a life-or-death decision, and Dean acting as a mediator. However, the focus shifts to the usual bridal drama between Mia and Bella over wedding gowns. These are just a few of the tidbits you can expect to see in the show’s newest season this year. Season 35 of Home and Away premiered on January 31, 2022, and will conclude in April after 50 episodes.
New characters and stories are introduced in this year’s season of Home and Away. Xander, Kim Hyde’s cousin, Neve Spicer, Logan Bennett’s former girlfriend, Surfer Pete, Brett Maloney, Karen Thompson’s partner, and Julia, the one who marries Ari and Mia at the hospital, are among the new cast members introduced in Season 35 of Home and Away. Rose Delaney, a new character, will also appear on the show next month.
Check out the full cast roster for the 2022 season of Home and Away, as well as their individual characters.
The cast of Home and Away
- Alf Stewart is played by Ray Meagher.
- Roo Stewart is played by Georgie Parker.
- Marilyn Chambers is played by Emily Symons.
- Irene Roberts is played by Lynne McGranger.
- Leah Patterson is played by Ada Nicodemou.
- John Palmer is played by Shane Withington.
- Justin Morgan is played by James Stewart.
- Ziggy Astoni is played by Sophie Dillman.
- Ryder Jackson is played by Lukas Radovich.
- Jasmine Delaney is played by Sam Frost.
- Dean Thompson is played by Patrick O’Connor.
- Bella Nixon is played by Courtney Miller.
- Mia Anderson is played by Anna Samson.
- Mackenzie Booth is played by Emily Weir, and Nikau Parata is played by Kawakawa Fox-Reo.
- Tane Parata is played by Ethan Browne.
- Chloe Anderson is played by Sam Barrett.
- Cash Newman is played by Nicholas Cartwright.
When was the premiere of Home and Away 2022?
Season 35 of Home and Away premiered on Channel 7 on January 31, 2022, and is now accessible on-demand through the 7plus catch-up service. It is currently televised on Mondays through Thursdays at 7:00 p.m. Home and Away is available for viewing on the go on 7plus, so you can catch up on any episodes you missed last night.
Show Available Providers
- On-Demand Episodes 1-40
- Episode 41 of Channel 7 / 7plus
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 42, Monday, March 28th, 2022
- Monday, March 29th, 2022, Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 43
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 44, March 30th, 2022
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 45, Thursday, March 31st, 2022
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 46, Monday, April 4th, 2022
- Tuesday, April 5th, 2022 Episode 47 of Channel 7 / 7plus
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 48, Wednesday, April 6th, 2022
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 49, Thursday, April 7th, 2022
- Channel 7 / 7plus Episode 50, Monday, April 11th, 2022
- Tuesday, April 12th, 2022 Channel 7 / 7plus
How many seasons of Home and Away are there?
Home and Away has aired for 35 seasons and almost 8,000 episodes since its debut in 1988. Home and Away was renewed for a 34th season in 2021, but the show is in its 35th year this year. It is Australia’s second-longest television series, after Neighbours, and it remains a staple on Australian television.
Where can I watch Home and Away?
Home and Away airs on Channel 7 and is available on-demand, including Home and Away 2021 episodes, through Channel 7’s catch-up streaming app, 7plus. In Australia, it is not available on any other streaming services. Check out the Channel 7 TV schedule to see what’s on.
Home and Away Provider
Yes, Channel 7; no, Channel 9
No ABC, no SBS, no Channel 10
You may also use this streaming TV guide to compare Australia’s streaming services or use this free-to-air TV guide to see what’s on free-to-air networks and their catch-up services.
What is the best way to watch Home and Away?
From Monday to Thursday at 7 p.m., Channel 7 broadcasts Home and Away. You can watch catch-up episodes of Home and Away on Channel 7’s free streaming service, 7plus. It works on a variety of devices, so you can watch episodes of Home and Away whenever you want.
On Channel 7, watch Home and Away.
Home and Away is a Channel 7 original series that airs four times a week, Monday through Thursday. For many Australians, free-to-air television dramas remain a popular choice. There is no need to subscribe to watch Channel 7 programming. Home and Away is absolutely free to watch, thanks to advertising revenue.
Stream Home and Away on 7plus
You may watch new episodes of Home and Away online with the 7plus catch-up app. Channel 7 offers a diverse range of drama, comedy, criminal thrillers, documentaries, and other genres in addition to soap operas. The best aspect is that there is no cost involved.