The former actress entered a plea of guilty to common assault and was given a two-year community corrections order on Tuesday.
After punching a child on the street, former Home and Away star Dee Smart admitted to common assault.
According to the Inner West Courier, Smart, 55, was observed in January in Sydney’s Chippendale neighborhood assaulting a young child.
A witness claimed to have seen Smart repeatedly strike the child over the head and shoulders.
According to police, “the accused then started cursing at the victim, saying things to the effect of “see what you’ve f**king done.”
Prior to Smart throwing a plastic spray bottle that struck the youngster in the ribs, the toddler was heard wailing, according to the police.
In a later interview with the police, Smart acknowledged “just snapping, hitting, and beating” the child.
At Downing Center Local Court on Tuesday, the former actress was given a two-year community corrections order after entering a plea of guilty to common assault.
She had requested that the case be dropped due to mental health issues, but this was rejected.
In 1991 and 1992, Smart portrayed Lucinda Croft on Home and Away.
She also played Lady Luck, a character who offered betting advice to gamblers, on The Footy Show from 1995 until 2002.
- Home and Away: Sam Frost stars in travel series My Road to Adventure
- Remember Home & Away’s favourite ‘copper’ Charlie Buckton? Life after the soap and expecting her second child
- 11 huge Neighbours spoilers for next week
- EXCLUSIVE: Home and Away receives big shake up as Felicity’s band friends visit Summer Bay
- Home and Away Spoilers – It’s relaunch time! Felicity makes her mark on Salt
- Home and Away stars Georgie Parker and Emily Symons lead the tributes to Ray Meagher on his birthday
- Home and Away to air confession in ‘who killed PK?’ storyline