Sam Frost, who plays Jasmine Delaney on Home and Away, spoke to Digital Spy about her character’s part in the show’s dramatic comeback episodes in the UK.
Next week, the Australian soap returns to Channel 5 with the aftermath of Tane Parata’s major cliffhanger.
Tane’s unknown stalker attempted to kill him with a chemical attack at the gym in November, as viewers watched.
This heinous act had far-reaching implications, as the hazardous material made its way into Salt via the air vents, putting everyone attending Martha Stewart’s mental health event in jeopardy.
After Tane is dragged from the building, Jasmine and Logan Bennett (Harley Bonner) jump in to help treat him. Despite the risk of cross-contamination, they make this noble decision.
“Jasmine always puts people before herself,” Sam told Digital Spy. It’s one of the reasons she enjoys her job as a nurse so much.
“She tries to compartmentalize and treat those who are afflicted like any other patient, but she is inherently more emotional, and everything is magnified because they are people she cares about.”
“We adore filming high-stakes drama situations,” she remarked of the dramatic scenes. It’s always so much fun to get everyone together and shoot the big scenes.
“The days are long, but we always appreciate being in one other’s company and having the opportunity to film as a larger group.”
“It’s always exciting to be a part of great narratives, especially when danger or calamity is on the horizon.”
- Another Home and Away on-set friendship? Ethan Browne and Jacqui Purvis gush over each other on set
- Home and Away star Harley Bonner teases dramatic rescue scenes in the show’s return week
- Neighbours stars tease 2022 storylines and spoilers
- H&A star Chris Hemsworth jokingly pushes his wife Elsa Pataky as they celebrate Christmas in Europe
- Nova FM host Kate Ritchie is called out for her unusual holiday habit as she discusses the secret ‘signs’ swingers use to attract each other